Resilient Biotics is seeking an energetic and intellectually curious full-time scientist with expertise in microbiology to expand our in vitro microbiology isolation and screening capabilities. The laboratory-based scientist will be responsible for developing and executing functional assays, strain management, and isolation. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in general microbiology laboratory techniques and experience optimizing functional microbial assays. In addition, the individual must communicate effectively and be able to work collaboratively in a fast-paced startup environment.
This role will ensure the successful development of in vitro microbial assays and the design and execution of experiments to support the development of microbial therapeutics for animal and human health applications. The scientist will work closely with the bioinformatics team to generate functional hypotheses and screen candidate strains of interest in laboratory assays.
Who You Are
- You have a Ph.D. in Microbiology or a related field.
- You have 3-8 years of research experience designing and executing functional microbial assays with a proven record of proactively accomplishing assigned goals and objectives.
- You have hands-on experience working with laboratory microbial strains and environmental isolates.
- You have extensive experience with laboratory skills associated with the cultivation and characterization of microbes, including the use of proper aseptic technique, maintaining media stocks, cryopreservation.
- You have experience applying advanced molecular biology techniques to functional investigations of microbial strains.
- You are knowledgeable about bioinformatics and biostatistics methodologies applied to microbiome data sets.
- You have experience running multiplexed and/or high-throughput functional assays that utilize colorimetric or optical readouts and the use of plate spectrophotometers.
- You have experience with the implementation of laboratory automation, LIMS, and ELN.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to make professional and compelling presentations.
- You are a self-motivated and flexible professional who can effectively perform in a rapidly changing, small company environment.
- You believe in transparency, open communication, collaboration, and the ability of your actions to improve and enable those around you.
- You thrive in a team-oriented culture.
- You are authorized to work in the United States.
Who We Are
Resilient Biotics develops microbiome products for the prevention of respiratory infectious diseases. The company’s technology platform focuses on deep genomic analyses paired with robust laboratory assays to identify therapeutic targets from microbiome systems. Our approach is translatable to a wide range of therapeutic applications, and we are building a robust product portfolio through internal development and external collaboration.
Candidates should send a CV to:
Jeff Meisner, PhD
CSO Resilient Biotics